We went on our very first bike ride on Saturday! It was quite an exciting day! After starting off at Nest's favorite spot, the bike shop, Charlie got some fancy butt padded pants and we left to change into our wannabe biker gear and head out. Thankfully there's a trail directly across the street that connects to the Mt. Vernon trail and goes anywhere in DC and Virginia that you could possibly want to go! I almost crashed head on with some poor, helpless girl because I "was riding my bike like a 5-year old girl" says Charlie. I took the turn too narrow, but somehow managed to avoid a pretty bad crash! Phew, that was a close one! We went to Alexandria (that's where the Christmas attic is Nest!) and saw a wedding and all the leaves falling. It was really beautiful! We also rode to National Airport and hung out with John McCain's plane for 5 seconds. No human sitings though...maybe next time! We also went along the Potomac River where it was freezing cold and there was a horrible stench of port-a-potties....gross (hence Charlie's facial expression in the picture above) We rode 17.5 miles and I was really shaky on the bike. Charlie had to explain braking a few hundred times and I had to practice getting off my bike! He's much better than me, but it was our first outing so I'm allowed to be terrible! The trails were really crowded since it was Saturday. There were families, joggers, walkers, Tour de France-ish dudes whizzing by, and dogs galore! It was a little too crowded to go super fast, but Charlie got up to 30 mph and I got up to 22 mph. Overall, it was really a fun day! My whole body hurts today and I splurged on the fancy butt padded pants like Charlie!Sunday, October 19, 2008
~Our First Biking Adventure~
We went on our very first bike ride on Saturday! It was quite an exciting day! After starting off at Nest's favorite spot, the bike shop, Charlie got some fancy butt padded pants and we left to change into our wannabe biker gear and head out. Thankfully there's a trail directly across the street that connects to the Mt. Vernon trail and goes anywhere in DC and Virginia that you could possibly want to go! I almost crashed head on with some poor, helpless girl because I "was riding my bike like a 5-year old girl" says Charlie. I took the turn too narrow, but somehow managed to avoid a pretty bad crash! Phew, that was a close one! We went to Alexandria (that's where the Christmas attic is Nest!) and saw a wedding and all the leaves falling. It was really beautiful! We also rode to National Airport and hung out with John McCain's plane for 5 seconds. No human sitings though...maybe next time! We also went along the Potomac River where it was freezing cold and there was a horrible stench of port-a-potties....gross (hence Charlie's facial expression in the picture above) We rode 17.5 miles and I was really shaky on the bike. Charlie had to explain braking a few hundred times and I had to practice getting off my bike! He's much better than me, but it was our first outing so I'm allowed to be terrible! The trails were really crowded since it was Saturday. There were families, joggers, walkers, Tour de France-ish dudes whizzing by, and dogs galore! It was a little too crowded to go super fast, but Charlie got up to 30 mph and I got up to 22 mph. Overall, it was really a fun day! My whole body hurts today and I splurged on the fancy butt padded pants like Charlie!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















No comments:
Post a Comment