This past weekend we did a little biking and a little relaxing! On Friday after work we did a short ride (about 14 miles or so) until it got too cold and dark. We knew it was going to rain Saturday so we got our ride in before! Smart thinking! Saturday we shopped around at our favorite mall for some fall sweaters! It's getting pretty cool here and you can never have too many! We went to a bar by our old apartment to watch football and the UFC fight. I was pretty much one of 5 females in the whole joint. It was interesting to say the least. Sunday we rode our longest distance to date! 25.5 miles! It was pretty hard, the wind is blowing so hard by the water and there's water everywhere here! It was such a beautiful day~ well the perfect fall day actually and I forgot my stinking camera! I was so mad, but here's some photos to give you a sense of it all. The leaves were beautiful and it wasn't too hot or too cold! We rode all over Virginia and DC. DC is really small so you can get around to seeing lots of things in a short amount of time if you are not in the car! The Marine Corps Marathon was on Sunday and we rode past some people wandering about with their ice packs and race numbers still on! That will be us soon enough, great:) We rode down to the reflecting pool and the Lincoln memorial. Charlie hasn't really seen any of this stuff which is really sad since we've lived here over a year! He likes to save seeing the monuments/museums for winter because they aren't so crowded...well, in theory that might be true;) You might as well just give up hope of seeing anything in the summer...it's that miserable with all the tourists!Oh well! Monday it rained all day. It was pretty much the gloomiest day I've seen in a long time and I would have rather been curled up by the fireplace vegging out, but there are those pesky little things we call BILLS that have to be paid, ugh. I went to class instead after work, then Charlie and I went to our favorite place ever, Hard Times Cafe~it's just so homey inside. We frequent that place at least once a week.


No comments:
Post a Comment